*** DEBUG END ***


The search bar may be used to search for either individuals or places. 

  • To search for a person, enter any part of their name. You can also search for the holder of a senior post, for instance 'Bishop of X' or 'Archdeacon of X'.
  • To search for a place, enter the name of the church or benefice. You can also search using the name of the village, town or city where the church is located.
  • Note that results for people or places preceded by a 'Y' indicates that that information is available in the Church of England Year Book.

Not sure what to search for? Explore the database by diocese, archdeaconry, deanery and parish from the Dioceses page, where you'll also find further Year Book information on diocesan and cathedral structures and officers.

You can also find specific post types - now including General Synod Members - using the Listings page

Education Search

Find clergy by theological college or course attended and year of study using the dropdown boxes below. Please note current ordinands are not included.