The Archbishops' Council (trading as Church House Publishing) and our outsourced service provider, Hymns Ancient & Modern Ltd, are committed to protecting your privacy. To that end, we are disclosing here any issues related to privacy in the collection by ourselves of personally identifiable information from users of crockford.org.uk.
See the revised Church of England Year Book Privacy Notice which covers entrants listed in the Year Book Who's Who.
Summary of policy
Our policy sets out:
- how we collect and use personal data,
- who we share it with,
- protection of data,
- your rights and responsibilities; and
- how to contact us.
Controllers of personal information
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), 2018, (the "Acts") the data controller is Archbishops Council, Church House, Great Smith Street, London, SW1P 3AZ, United Kingdom
Collection and Use of Personal Data and Cookies
Information you provide to the Archbishops' Council (trading as Crockford/Church House Publishing) and Hymns Ancient & Modern Ltd is not provided or sold to any third parties, nor supplied to any third party organisations for aggregator purposes.
Information you provide as a customer on the web site is used only for the purpose of activating, tracking & processing your subscription, replying to any enquiry or sending our (optional) email newsletters.
If you choose to opt-in to the Crockford email newsletters, they always include a simple unsubscribe mechanism.
During your interaction with us, whether via our websites, social media, by email, through completion of surveys, use of our apps or by any other means, we may collect personal details such as your name, address, email address, telephone number in order to provide you with information or reply to your queries. We will also collect and process data about you if you purchase any product or service from us and/or if you enter any competition run by or in association with us, although these may also be subject to additional terms and conditions.
You can request that card details are held and recorded securely for website payment transactions though we never hold CSV details.
We may use such personal data collected to:
- process your request, for example, to purchase products and services or your donation
- communicate with you and provide information about our products and services and to administer your account
- send you marketing communications about products, services, promotions or other matters that we feel may be of interest or use to you, subject to your agreement
- contact you about a product or service you have bought, submission you have made or content you have provided.
- analyse your use of our websites, our apps and response to our communications and improve the services we offer, including personalising our communications with you.
A cookie is a small file created by a web site and then stored on your computer. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can control if and when you allow cookies to be stored on your machine, and can view or delete any cookies stored.
- Cookies make it possible for us to better collect statistical information on visitors to our site, and in particular identify repeat visitors. This statistical information informs our content development and marketing of the site.
- The cookies we create contain no personal details, only a unique identifying code that allows our system to identify repeat visitors to our system. We store this identifying cookie in addition to your computer or network’s IP address; the date and time you visited; the page you visited and if available the previous site or page that linked you to this page (for example a search engine).
- We cannot identify other web sites you visit or what pages on those sites you visit other than that mentioned above. We cannot read personal information from your computer, or read information created in cookies from other web sites. We cannot identify who each web site visitor is, or gain any private information on each visitor.
If you would like to know more about cookies, please visit www.aboutcookies.org
Sharing Personal Data
We may also pass information that you have given us to our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we entered into with them. Such information may be processed by the staff of such third parties for purposes including without limitation the fulfilment of your order, the management of your subscription, the banking of financial transactions, administering websites and for internal operations or other functions, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes, improving websites, making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them, and combining with other information for these purposes.
Details of any third party to whom your financial information may be passed for fulfilment of your order will be available on request. Such a request will be subject to separate terms and conditions.
We do not sell or rent personal data about our customers to third parties.
We reserve the right to release personal data when we believe that release is appropriate in order to comply with the law, or to enforce our terms and conditions, or to protect our rights, property, or safety, and that of companies in the Group, our customers, or other third parties.
Protection of Personal Data
We will take all reasonable precautions to ensure that all the personal data that you have submitted to us remains secure and have procedures to protect the storage and disclosure of personal data.
Your Rights and Responsibilities
You have the right to access the personal data which we hold about you and to have any errors corrected. It is your responsibility to ensure that we have correct contact information. This will enable us to provide you with the best service possible. We will not hold personal data longer than deemed necessary.
If at any time you wish your personal data to be completely removed from all our systems, or if you just want to update any personal data we have about you, please send an email to email@example.com or write to us at Hymns Ancient and Modern, 13a Hellesdon Park Road, Norwich NR6 5DR, United Kingdom.
Please contact us by any means if you have any questions or are unhappy about the way your data is used. We hope we will be able to resolve any problems or issues you may have. If you are not satisfied with our response you may wish to contact the Information Commissioner at www.ico.gov.uk