About Crockford & the Year Book
Crockford online is a web-based version of two essential reference works: Crockford's Clerical Directory and the Church of England Year Book.
Crockford's Clerical Directory provides biographies of more than 27,000 clergy and deaconesses in:
- the Church of England (including the Diocese in Europe)
- the Church in Wales
- the Scottish Episcopal Church
- the Church of Ireland
The Church of England Year Book is a vital source of information on the local and national structures of the Church of England and the people involved in them. It contains:
- Further information on structures and personnel in English dioceses,
- Details of the national bodies serving the Church of England,
- Information on charities and societies involved in the work of the Church of England,
- A Who's Who directory of key figures, lay and ordained, including General Synod members.
Both Crockford and the Year Book remain available in print editions.
With a few minor exceptions*, the content of the print editions are included in the online edition.
* In accordance with data protection legislation, clergy may choose to withhold their contact and/or biographical details from either the print or online editions of Crockford, or both. Consequently there may be a slight discrepancy between the two editions. Where a member of the clergy has asked for their details to be withheld, their name is listed against any appointments they hold, but no further information will be available.