Please note that this Privacy notice relates specifically to
The Church of England Year Book – Who’s Who
The Archbishops' Council is the primary data controller of any personal information provided to, or gathered by, Church House Publishing. The address is:
Great Smith Street
London SW1P 3AZ
In any event, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. The ICO can be contacted on their helpline number which is 03031-231113 or by other contact methods as set out on their website (www.ico.org.uk).
What data we collect, and why
The Archbishops’ Council will collect and hold your name, contact details, year of birth, education, CV, principal church appointments, and such other biographical data as are required to fulfil our primary purpose, viz.
To maintain an up-to-date record of senior Church of England Office Holders, their biographical details and church appointments.
We will also use your name and contact details to contact you (normally annually) to request that you check the data we hold and let us know of any changes, and to advise you of how to obtain copies of the Year Bookand its companion publication, Crockford’s Clerical Directory.
We will not share your data with any third parties for any purpose nor use it ourselves for marketing any other products or services.
We may not and will not hold or publish your biographical data in the ‘Who’s Who’ without your consent.
Please note that, even if you are happy for your biographical entry to appear in the Church of England Year Book,you can still request that certain contact information or your year of birth be excluded from publication. In such cases, please inform the Editor at email@example.com
Unless subject to an exemption under Data Protection law, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold about you (typically this will be name, contact details and if you’ve chosen to provide it, denomination);
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right at any time to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Read the main Crockford website users' Privacy Notice
Read the Crockford Database Privacy Notice